Sunday, February 16, 2014

The Day, Jessica, Pythia and More

I stumbled upon a band/singer today that I really like (with Jessica's help in teaching me internet browsing and a place called YouTube). They are a British band, a little bit like my own band, but not as male oriented, not as orchestral, if that makes sense. In Dark Myst, we chose to be a bit different, and it's worked for us thus far. Me, with roots in classical and 80's glam rock, Bruce with his background in metal, and the others in hard rock and various other areas, we put our unique talents together and, well, came up with what I like to refer to as "Medieval Goth-Glam Orchestral Hard Rock/Metal."  Long name, huh? It has worked well for us as you know!  If I had to compare us, I'd say Aerosmith vs. KISS vs. Trans Siberian Orchestra with a whole bunch of original classic=based composition mixed in. Our hired orchestra consists mostly of stringed instruments (violin, viola, cello, even harp), and of course piano!  Then there's the 4 of us... your basic hard rock/heavy metal. Add our music, which bases its lyrics and sound around what to me sounds like the theme from an action scene in a fantasy movie. Ha ha. If you have seen our live show, you will understand more.

People love the "Goth" moniker added to the name and style, especially when they look at me. I wouldn't call myself Goth, but my silver-blue eyes and jet black hair give way to the stereotype, whether I like it or not... and since I wear the black costume onstage while the rest of the band wears white... well..... Most have to TRY to look like me. I feel like a freak! Ironic, huh?

Anyway, this band is called Pythia. Their female vocalist is pretty hot, but that's not why I like them. They have some really good songs in their line up. Hmmmm. Give them a listen.


In other news, Jessica and I had a bit of a disagreement today. Apparently, she thinks that if I sleep with another woman it's cheating on her and I think that, as long as it means nothing, it's just sex. She's just angry because she told me she loved me and I thanked her. What was I going to say? Did she want me to lie?

No comments:

Post a Comment