Sunday, February 23, 2014

Another Tour Bus Crash

Though it was a ski team and not a rock band, I saw on the news that there was a deadly tour bus crash in VT today. It brought back memories of my own crash, not all that long ago. And I felt myself on the verge of a panic attack. I remember little, other than flying out of my bunk and the sudden pain in my head as I hit a counter..or another bunk. I do not recall. I saw people above me, saying my name, but they were in a tunnel and seemed a million miles away. Then all went black.

I touched the location of the wound, at the hairline, and could feel the bump of the permanent scar there. Though by now all the healing was done, the emotional memories were clear. And reading about this tour bus crash brought it all back.

We start a new tour in a few weeks. At least it will be spring when there's less worry about black ice and snow squalls. I can't wait to get on the road. Most women just want to know if I'm available for sex that night, not if my delusions are real!

At least no one died in our tour bus incident. 

No comments:

Post a Comment