Friday, February 14, 2014

Music Soothes the Savage Breast

I think the expression is supposed to say "beast?" Not sure. I like breast personally. Yay, boobies.

Speaking of boobies, Jessica accompanied me to rehearsal again today. She has not left my side in weeks. And yet I can't complain. I've avoided mirrors except to shave (I look terrible in a beard). I don't need any more complications from she-who-must-not-be-named. Ok, I don't have a name for her except "Mirror Lady" so I can't name her anyway. Ha ha

The south is still reeling from this weather. Snow on the ground! Oooooooo! Connecticut where my parents live is getting hammered. Good thing they have a snow plow driver who comes to do all the snow removal. My mom is near 60 and my dad a couple years older. I know by today's standards that's not horrifically old, but I don't want anyone over exerting him or herself. They're my parents, after all.

When I lived home I did all the snow clearing. But SC to CT is too much of a haul to commute to clear snow. Plus, I even have my own snow removal crew. You try shoveling a 30 acre property estate that includes a long circular driveway and all the walks and drives to the stable and around the grounds. Didn't think I would have to worry about it when I moved down here.

Speaking of moving down south, did you know why? I think most fans KNOW why I live in SC. Did you know Bruce is from NYC? He was in a band up there, I was in a local band in CT and somewhere we met in the middle. By this time, he had heard that Cameron and Stephan were looking for a singer and guitarist for their band (they grew up together in SC), which they had started to make a name for down in the south where country is prevalent and they were rockers. So they stood out.

Bruce went down and joined them then called me. I left the band I was in (they were going nowhere... sorry fellas). I came down here to SC, everyone got together for a jam session and it just worked. They liked my ideas, I liked theirs and we were off. That was 9 years ago. Yeehaw.




No comments:

Post a Comment