Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Strange and the Lonely

I'm sure it's no secret by now that I live in Aiken, South Carolina. I get a lot of letters from fans asking me about my childhood, since I really don't speak of it much.

The truth is, even though I was raised in a very normal suburban area in Connecticut, my childhood was anything BUT normal. I have a secret, a big secret, and just mentioning this fact, I'm sure, will get far too much media attention. And since I refuse to reveal the entire secret, there's little more to tell. But I will try to skip around the private part of my existence and tell you what I can without landing me in the loony bin. (though, if you read this blog regularly, some of my secret was revealed a bit back. But that's all I will say on it).

Ok, I grew up in Stafford, CT, living not too far from the Speedway. I was never really too big into cars, though I did like speed (not the drug). Whether it was visiting a race track with horses or speeding cars, I was hooked on watching things move fast.

When I was 14, I worked in the pit crew of a friend, helping to change tires, check engine fluids and more. I also worked for short times up at Suffolk Downs, a completely different atmosphere than engine exhaust, fuel and burning rubber. Horses, unlike most speed car fanatics, I found just as amazing and fascinating as the metal machines with horse power.

Music, though, is what kept me out of trouble--actually it helped keep my mind off that little secret I refuse to talk about. Yeah, it's a secret that affected every part of my life and made me who I am today. Though, sometimes I wonder.

Ok, so that's the "Dane Bainbridge confession of the day."  I will leave you with that... and some food for thought. Don't fret the small things in life. Trust me, there are far worse, more dangerous things out there than you can imagine. Not in your wildest nightmares. Stay ignorant my friends. You'll be much happier that way!

Signing off. Time for some shut eye. My dog is in my bedroom, warming up the bed, even though he is not allowed on it. I have to go kick him off to make room for myself. Early morning again at the studio. All new material I think the fans will love.

No comments:

Post a Comment