Wednesday, December 4, 2013

My new car and other things

As  sit here alone in this huge house (which seems so much bigger after spending a few days in my parent's modest Cape), I can hear the rain tapping on the windows. I had an interesting time visiting CT over the holiday. I am not sure I will be able to make it up there for Christmas, as the band is going to be very busy recording and getting ready to go on tour.

My new car will be coming Thursday! I'm really excited. She's a beauty!

Yet, for some reason the rain is drawing out my melancholy. I have a glass of sweet red wine sitting here beside me and if I smoked, I would probably be having a cigarette. I quit smoking 5 years ago because it was affecting the quality of my voice. Friends of my family's have died from lung cancer, an absolutely terrible and debilitating way to pass. Though I was never a heavy smoker (ie, never more than a half pack a day). I do on occasion indulge in a "social cigarette."

Tomorrow I have to drive two and a half hours to Bruce's place on the shore and his home studio so we can go over some tracks. I am going to have to get up early and finish the song I have been working on or I will hear it from Bruce.

Well, it's already midnight here on the east coast of the USA, so I think it's time to head off to my beloved bedchamber (I seem to have picked up that word lately and I don't know where it came from. Maybe I read too many history books), get undressed and fall asleep to the pitter patter of rain drops.

I will talk to you soon, my fans and friends. Have a very good evening. I will leave you with a photo of one of my cats.


No comments:

Post a Comment