Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Happy Holidays

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all my fans.  It's a chilly but sunny day here (for S. Carolina). The band has taken the day off from working and recording for this most important of days, which makes me think of the question, what does Christmas mean for you?

For me, it means spending time with family, friends, loved ones. Since I'm an only child, and have no children (and not sure if I ever will), my family literally means my parents, and aunts and uncles and cousins, of course. But also my band mates and, to some extent, Edna (my housemaid or whatever the politically correct term is for it these days), and my pets.

I am not much for decorating, but Edna had a few of the house staff put up some wreaths on the front doors and one huge one on the barn.

The rest of the band is spending the holiday with their families.  I am a non-native here in the south (as is Bruce... he is from NY), and since I already visited my parents in CT last month, I did not go up there.

Though I DID send them a big box full of gifts. Their house, of course, will be highly decorated as my mother is very big on holiday decor.

Later this afternoon, Bruce is having some shindig at his house, so I will head out there. He lives on the shore, about 2 and a half miles from me.

Hope everyone has a very merry whatever it is you celebrate. I'm going to go have a tuna sandwich since Edna is off today, and sit by the fireplace in the library and read the latest book I picked up recently.


No comments:

Post a Comment